What to Do If You Can’t Increase Breast Size NaturallyWant bigger breasts? You’re in luck. Explore the world of visual trickery, natural remedies and surgical options. No matter how you look at it, breast size plays a major role in our overall appearance, and many women with smaller breasts feel self-conscious and insecure about their breast size. Natural and medical methods for breast size increase work for some women, but they also come with a long list of risks and possible side effects. Hormonal medicine, for example, often results in sudden mood swings and decreased libido. Not everyone is willing to accept that tradeoff. Luckily, there are many tricks in the book that can help make your breasts look bigger than they really are. Certain exercises, for example, can do wonders in fixing your posture and making your breasts look larger as a result. If you’re really serious about increasing the size of your breasts, surgical options are a viable alternative. Breast lift, for example, is aimed at women with sagging breasts, while breast augmentation (with implants) is primarily designed to physically increase the breast size. Both options can work for different patients.
Tips & Tricks on How to Make Your Breasts Look Bigger
Visual TricksThe number one trick in the book is good posture. Many women are convinced that their breasts are smaller than they really are—purely thanks to sloppy, slouched posture. Simply practicing good posture and keeping your back straight can do wonders for the appearance of your breasts. Keep your head high, roll your shoulders back, keep your neck straight—do not let it “slide” forward. Engage your chest, and see a completely different person in the mirror. Combining tops with decorations above the chest area is another thing you could do to make your breasts look bigger. The texture and coloring of your clothes plays a huge role in the overall appearance. In terms of coloring, decorations and accessories above the chest will make your breasts look bigger. For example, wearing a scarf could visually emphasize your breasts. In terms of texture, it is important to make sure the clothes emphasize the chest area naturally. Slim-fit shirts that highlight the breasts and keep them in place will make them look bigger. Loose t-shirts, on the other hand, achieve the opposite effect. Many men with narrow shoulders are well aware that shirts and T-shirts with horizontal stripes can do wonders in terms of making their shoulders and chest area look wider. For women, the same effect applies. Tops and dresses with horizontal stripes in the chest area will make your breasts look bigger. Women with small breasts often make the mistake of wearing the wrong bra size. The right bra size can push your breasts up, making them look bigger and more firm. Do not confuse the term “right” for “smaller.” Bras both too small and too big for your cup size will make your breasts look smaller. Bras that are too small will “squeeze” your breasts inwards, while bras that are too big will fail to give them shape. The right bra size will push your breasts upwards and create a straight, pointy appearance without “flattening” your chest. Do not be afraid to experiment with different bra sizes. Try them on, see how they fit. Many women wear the same bra size for years before trying a different one, only to find out that they look and feel much better with the different size. As far as bras go, push-up bras or padded bras are always an option. Push-up bras can lift your breasts up, making them look more firm and bigger. Padded bras are much like “armor” for your breasts—giving them volume. Many women use padded and push-up bras as a quick fix in the dressing room—to make sure they fit nicely into clothes designed for slightly bigger breasts. If you’re considering wearing several bras at once to make them look bigger, we should say it’s probably not worth it. For one, you’ll feel uncomfortable. But then, why not simply get either a push-up bra or a padded one, designed specifically for the purpose? Some women believe that wearing sports bras can do the trick. While they’re definitely comfortable, sports bras flatten your chest, which defeats the purpose. They also make your breasts look more narrow.
Natural RemediesWe’ll start this chapter off with a note that all natural remedies that increase breast size should be looked at with a pinch of salt and used at your own risk. That being said, there are a few traditional methods that could potentially increase your breast size naturally. Many suppliers on the internet and in stores offer herbs and herbal supplements that supposedly increase your breast size. None of these herbs and supplements have been clinically proven to have consistent effect on breast size. Yet, some women claim to have experienced a change after consuming such products. Unverified products should always be used carefully, as they could result in an allergic reaction or other complications (especially for people who take certain medications, especially blood-thinning drugs.) Always consult your doctor before using such remedies. Herbs that are claimed to increase breast size:
- Saw palmetto
- Wild yam
- Chaste tree berries
- Black cohosh
- Pueraria Mirifica
ExercisesTrain your chest muscles. Yep, lifting weights and using pectoral machines can be an effective way to make your breasts look larger. Needless to say, it’s also an amazing way to build your overall health and feel better. Women with strong chest muscles enjoy a pointier, more firm and uplifted breast appearance. There are two main exercises aimed at training chest muscles:
- Dumbbell chest press. Lay on your back, with your feet on the ground and your knees bent. Pick up a dumbbell with each hand and lock your elbows in a 90 degree angle. Engage your chest muscles to lift the dumbbells towards the ceiling, up to a point where the two dumbbells touch. Do not lock your elbows when the dumbbells are in the upwards position to protect your joints and engage the chest muscles harder. Lower your elbows to the ground slowly. Do 2-4 sets of 8-12 reps for optimal growth.
- Push-ups. Get on your knees. Put your palms on the ground, shoulder-wide. Move your toes backwards, until your body is in a plank position. Push your butt outwards slightly. Slowly lower your chest towards the ground, until your breasts can touch the floor. Make sure your arms are touching your torso, and are not spread wide. Aim for slow, controlled movement for maximum muscle engagement. Always keep your body in a straight line and your butt pushed outwards. If you can’t do at least 7 reps this way, do the same thing, only with your knees touching the ground at all times.
- Mood changes
- Lower libido
- Breast tenderness
What to Do If Natural Methods Don’t Work?The methods described previously can work, but often times they’re either temporary, come with additional health risks or simply don’t work. Luckily, there are reliable and safe surgical options that you could explore to make your breasts look bigger.
Breast LiftBreast lift is a surgical procedure during which drooped, sagging breasts are restored to achieve a straight, pointy, youthful appearance. During the procedure, excess skin is removed from the upper side of the breast, and a few other cosmetic adjustments are made. Most women, however, are worried about whether the surgery will leave a visible scar. In general, breast lift scars are really easy to deal with:
- Breast lift scars are really easy to hide. The scars will either appear as small incisions on top of your breast (if the vertical “lollipop” technique is chosen) or thin horizontal incisions. Either way, they’re really easy to cover with a bra or a swimsuit.
- Scars fade away with time. Even though the scarring is somewhat permanent, they do fade away with time. Usually, it takes about 1-2 years before the scar becomes barely noticeable. Do not panic if you see any scarring pictures that were taken right after the procedures—most breast lift patients are extremely happy with their appearance as time goes by.
- A lot depends on the scope of the procedure. How much visible scarring is going to remain after the procedure depends on a number of factors, including how much sagging is there, how elastic your skin, and the overall scope of the lift. The general rule of thumb is this: the smaller the procedure, the less noticeable the scars.
- There are things you can do to minimize scars. While we’ll cover this in-depth further in this article, keep in mind that there are preparation and recovery guidelines that can significantly impact how well you heal after your procedure, potentially minimizing the scarring.
- Good surgeons will provide the best “value-for-scar.” Every patient is different, and we celebrate that. Here at Aristocrat Plastic Surgery, we strive to hear every single patient and truly understand their appearance goals. Sometimes, patients who believe a breast lift would be the optimal procedure for them change their minds. Whatever the conclusion, we understand that significant scarring is an unacceptable outcome for most patients.