What Is Breast Augmentation?Breast augmentation is a procedure designed to increase breast size and enhance breast shape. An implant is placed into the breast, where it will remain until it is removed. Breast augmentation results are long lasting. Many of our patients enjoy their new look for decades or longer, without the need for an implant replacement. Should you add breast augmentation to your mommy makeover? Make breast augmentation a part of your mommy makeover if:
- You lost breast volume after pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- You want to increase your natural breast size.
- You want to restore a more youthful breast shape.
- You have breast asymmetry.
What Is a Breast Lift?If you have breasts, you’ll likely experience sagging at some point in your life. Many women experience noticeable breast sagging for the first time after pregnancy. This is best addressed using a breast lift. A breast lift repositions breast tissues and removes excess skin. We can also resize the areola and reposition the nipple if needed. A breast lift doesn’t change breast size, it just repositions the tissues you already have. Should you add a breast lift to your mommy makeover? Make a breast lift part of your mommy makeover if:
- You have breast sagging after pregnancy.
- Your breast tissues have shifted and changed shape.
Breast Augmentation + Breast Lift: Do I Need Both?Breast lifts and breast augmentation are transformative on their own, but when these two procedures are paired together, the changes are dramatic. Many women opt for a breast lift/breast augmentation combo for their mommy makeover. You may be a good candidate for both procedures if:
- You want to increase breast size and enhance breast shape.
- You have moderate to severe breast sagging.