Do you remember your bikini days? Those summers that you would look forward to swimsuit shopping? Unfortunately, life happens, and for many women that means a loss of body confidence as they develop loose abdominal skin, stretch marks, and excess fat. Get your body back and love sporting your bikini this summer. A tummy tuck can restore your belly to a flat, tight, youthful appearance.
Do I Need a Tummy Tuck?
If you struggle with your abdominal appearance, you aren’t alone. This is a trouble spot for many of our patients, young and old. Pregnancy and weight loss are two major factors that contribute to an unwanted abdominal appearance. A tummy tuck reverses the common signs of pregnancy, aging, and weight gain/loss. Many men and women find they look better after their tummy tuck than they ever did before, even at their prime.
You may need a tummy tuck if:
• You have loose abdominal skin after pregnancy or weight loss.
• You have a permanent “pooch”, even after diet and exercise.
• You have stretch marks below the belly button.
• You have stubborn, isolated fat on the lower abdomen.
• You have abdominal muscle separation.
• You want to restore a tight, flat tummy.
Do any of these signs apply to you? Come see us to determine if you’re a good candidate for surgery.
What Happens During a Tummy Tuck?
Your tummy tuck will be customized to your needs. Dr. Tehrani typically performs one of four different tummy tuck techniques:
• Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty- Uses a low, bikini-line incision. Allows Dr. Tehrani to fully tighten the abdominal area, even to the tops of the thighs.
• Mini-Tummy Tuck- Small, low incision is made. The belly button is not moved. This technique works best on patients with minimal skin laxity. It offers shorter recovery times and subtle change.
• Extended Abdominoplasty- Ideal for patients that have lost a significant amount of weight. This procedure removes excess skin from abdomen, back, and sides. Offers a 360 degree transformation.
• Fleur-De-Lis Abdominoplasty- This technique uses incisions that look similar to a fleur-de-lis, extending both laterally across the abdomen and vertically. It is best suited to patients that have lost a lot of weight, often through bariatric surgery.
Each of these tummy tuck techniques involves excess skin removal, liposuction to remove fat, and abdominal muscle tightening.
How Long Until I See Results After My Tummy Tuck?
You’ll see results almost immediately after your tummy tuck, but it will take time for your body to fully heal. Expect some bruising, swelling, and tenderness for the first several days. Most patients take at least a week off from work, others need 2-3 weeks. If you want to enjoy your results this summer, now’s the time to schedule your surgery as it will take time to see your full results.
Get your body confidence back! Ask us about a tummy tuck today!