Types of Breast Implants
- Saline: Saline implants contain a salt-water solution, and if one leaks, it can be naturally absorbed by the body and you will be able to tell.
- Silicone: Silicone implants are filled with a safe, cohesive gel that feels more like natural breast tissue but require a periodic MRI for rupture detection.
Brands of Breast Implants
- Allergan: Allergan implants are cohesive silicone gel that come in a choice of size and shape. These implants have an exceptionally durable shell to decrease risk of leakage.
- Ideal: Ideal implants are filled with saline but designed to have a more natural feel like silicone, contour the chest well, and reduce movement of the filling.
- Sientra: Sientra implants are made with a high-strength cohesive silicone gel and has the only FDA-approved 5th generation round implant.
- Mentor: Mentor implants vary to fit different needs, including saline and silicone implants for augmentation and reconstruction surgeries.
Placements of Incisions
- Inframammary: In the natural crease of the breast.
- Periareolar: Below areolas that surround the nipples.
- Transumbilical: In the navel, also called the TUBA procedure.
- Transaxillary: In the armpit.