Is your skin gorgeous this summer? Great summer skin is a must. During the winter you can hide breakouts and brown spots under foundation, but when you’re splashing in the pool during the summer, all of your skin’s dirty little secrets are easy to see. These skin care tips will help you enjoy your best skin this summer and beyond.
Get a Good Sunscreen
The sun’s rays are responsible for about 80% of the visible signs of aging in your skin. If you’re spending time outdoors, you need a good sunscreen. We recommend using sunscreen on a daily basis, year round. Even when you’re not actively spending time in the sun, you’re exposed to UV rays as you walk to the car, chat with friends at the mailbox, and spend a few minutes outside catching up after work. A good sunscreen can protect your skin, even when you weren’t planning on sun time.
For daily use, come try our APS Daily Antioxidant Moisturizer. This new product is just in and we’re excited for you to try it and see the results!
- SPF 25- excellent protection for daily use
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Broad spectrum- protects from both UVA and UVB rays
- Excellent hydration
- Soothing to the skin
- Anti-aging effects
- Multi-tasking formula
- Not chalky
- Contains powerful botanicals including summer lilac, edelweiss, and thyme
Give Your Skin Some Summertime TLC
Summer can be busy and many of us let our skin care routines slide a little when the weather heats up. Give your skin a little extra TLC this summer with one of these skin care treatments. Both are non-surgical and require no downtime, perfect for a busy summer.
- IPL– IPL, short for intense pulsed light, is a powerful treatment for rejuvenating your skin and treating past sun damage. Often this treatment is called a photofacial for its ability to treat photo-aged skin. Our photofacial uses broadband light (BBL), an advanced form of IPL.
- Dermapen– Have you ever tried microneedling? This treatment uses a specially-designed device to systematically puncture the skin. This stimulates the body’s healing response and provides dramatic skin rejuvenation, no surgery needed. We use the Dermapen for our microneedling treatments. No downtime is needed, but you may experience some redness while you heal.
Love your skin this summer. Call and schedule an appointment with Dr. Tehrani today