The natural aging process, menopause, pregnancy, and childbirth can have drastic effects on women’s bodies. Of those changes, the ones that affect a woman’s femininity and intimate life can have some of the most far-reaching consequences. ThermiVa is an aesthetic device that reverses the effects of aging and childbirth on the vagina and vulva. By offering women a chance to improve their intimate life and their femininity, ThermiVa does more than rejuvenate the body; it helps women restore their sense of well-being and quality of life. The ThermiVa procedure is a gentle and painless way to address issues like incontinence, vulvovaginal laxity, overactive bladder, orgasmic dysfunction and atrophy. The FDA-approved ThermiVa uses temperature controlled radiofrequency to rebuild collagen in the vulva and the vaginal tissues. ThermiVa is a great option for women who want to reclaim their bodies without surgery or a long recovery.
ThermiVa patients have reported:
- Improved Urinary Control
- Greater enjoyment of intercourse
- Alleviation of vaginal dryness and painful intercourse
- Aesthetic improvement
- Comfort exercising or wearing tight fitting clothes
- Renewed Confidence
- Reduced Pelvic Pain
- Alleviated Constant Itch in the Vulva (hyperplastic dystrophy)
How Does ThermiVa Work?
By delivering radiofrequency energy to the tissues, ThermiVa can tighten and repair the tissues in the labia and vaginal canal. That energy stimulates production of collagen in the tissues, leading to a tightening and lifting effect. The radiofrequency energy can also do wonders for reducing dryness in the vaginal canal and labia, improving lubrication, reducing irritation, and enhancing sensation by affecting the nerves of the vaginal and labial tissues.
Patients find that they are able to engage in athletic activities with much more ease and have a more comfortable experience with intercourse. More importantly, patients also report an improved sex life thanks to an enhanced sensitivity and a tighter vaginal canal. Because it’s completely nonsurgical and non-ablative (doesn’t destroy tissue) ThermiVa is also unbelievably safe, requiring only a minimal downtime. ThermiVa uses a temperature controlled device that delivers a safe amount of energy to the tissues at all times.
The ThermiVa Procedure
The procedure is performed in about 30 minutes, and there is absolutely no downtime. Patients have reported improvement right away after the first treatment. Results do differ from patient to patient, but overall, patients report an effective treatment for certain medical conditions, an improved sex life, and a more aesthetically pleasing labia majora and minora. Two additional treatments that are spread out over a year are recommended for lasting results. ThermiVa works by delivering thermistor-regulated RF energy through a hand piece that is specifically designed for comfort. The wand heats the targeted area with radio frequency energy, so you will feel a warm, but painless sensation.
Who’s a Candidate for ThermiVa?
Women who have these conditions are excellent candidates for ThermiVa:
- Dryness and irritation in the vagina or labia
- Sexual dysfunction and difficulties with orgasm
- Overly-large labia that prevents women from wearing certain clothing
- Looseness or laxity in the vaginal canal
Patients who are suffering from a vaginal or bladder infection, have severe pain, have severe pelvic floor spasms, or suffer from vaginismus should not be receiving the ThermiVa treatment.
At Aristocrat Plastic Surgery and MedAesthetics, your comfort is our top priority. ThermiVa should only be performed by an extensive trained medical practitioner, so your treatment will be performed by our integrative practitioner Kristine Blanche. For more information on ThermiVa please contact us in Manhattan or Long Island.
Frequently Asked Questions About ThermiVa
We’ve collected and answered the most frequently asked questions by our New York patients about Thermiva, the ultimate vaginal rejuvenation treatment.
How Are the Vagina and Labia Affected Over Time?
Childbirth can do more than stretch the vaginal canal, it can also loosen the labia, causing it to droop and sag. Aging can also affect the labia, since aging causes a decrease in the production of collagen, which then leads to a labia that starts to loosen and sag. Aging and menopause can lead to hormonal changes that lead to dryness and a loss of sensation in the vagina and labia. Oftentimes, these changes are more than aesthetic, and they can affect a woman’s self-esteem and overall wellness.
Can I Use ThermiVa with an IUD?
Patients who have an IUD can get the ThermiVa treatment with no problem. IUDS are placed in the uterine cavity, and is separated from the vaginal cavity by a thick cervix, so there’s no risk of the IUDs being affected with ThermiVa.
Should Patients Get a Pap Smear First?
It’s recommended that women who get ThermiVa have completed a pap smear within two years of the treatment.
I Just Had a Baby. When Can I Start ThermiVa?
Women who have just given birth can start their ThermiVa treatments as soon as six weeks after delivery. Some patients have reported that ThermiVa can actually help patients recover from childbirth faster than without it.
Does Thermiva Hurt?
While ThermiVa does use radiofrequency technology to heat the tissues, ThermiVa is non-ablative, so it doesn’t destroy the tissue. Women do report feeling a warm sensation during the treatment, but overall, ThermiVa is a painless procedure, so patients don’t need any anesthetics.
What’s the Recommended Age for Treatment for Termiva?
Depending on what they’re treating, any woman that’s 18 years old and up can be treated with ThermiVa safely.
Can Women on Hormone Replacement Therapy get ThermiVa?
Women on hormone replacement therapy can definitely safely use ThermiVa.
How Long Do the Effects Last?
While some patients are satisfied after one or two treatments, most patients get a series of three treatments spread out over a year. ThermiVa results have been shown to last for up to a year. After the initial series of treatments, patients will be able to get the treatment once or twice a year.
What if I had a hysterectomy or had vaginal prolapse?
Patients who have had a hysterectomy or has had a prolapse like enterocele can still safely use ThermiVa.
Patient Testimonials Courtesy of Dr. Alinsod:
1) “Before I had hardly any sex drive. Even after one treatment I can hear a song on the radio or see something on TV and I feel the stimulation. My husband is happy. Looking forward to my next treatment session.”
2) “I did not tell my husband that I was getting it done. But he noticed that I was initiating intimacy more often. He finally just flat out asked what was going on. He is not so grumpy now.”
3) “My issue was sweating and irritation and by the end of the day I was uncomfortable. No longer do I have such an issue but I was pleasantly surprised that sensation was enhanced.”
4) “Trying to have intercourse without using external lubrication was out of the question due to discomfort for both of us and a damper on the mood. I have not used any since my treatment. Definite improvement.”
5) “At first I did not get the immediate ‘Wow” effect but as the days and weeks went on there was change just as my doctor said.”
6) “I have notice a significant difference in my confidence with arousal, foreplay, sex since the treatment.”
7) “I don’t fake it anymore…”
8) “It was tough for me to reach orgasm prior, due to minimal sensation. I have multiple orgasms with sex and my husband knows that first one is just a warm up. I am very tingly…like it was before the children.”
9) “I came in for one concern but was pleasantly surprised that I had an improvement in other areas.”